Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently August, 31, 2014 - 12:14am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Three Stooges
PostPosted: March, 25, 2009 - 5:47pm 
Artist of Life

Phil wrote:
Russell Casse wrote:
Jim Carrey isn't going back to doing slap stick comedy anymore. I just can't see that happening.

This isnt just slap stick though, it's Curly. I imagine The Stooges were probably a huge inspiration for Jim Carrey growing up, so why wouldn't he play the role of Curly?

I for one, hate this whole idea and hope its fake.

Agreed. No new Stooges movie EVER. Let the Stooges Rest in Peace for the love of GOD.

PostPosted: March, 25, 2009 - 10:45pm 
Shamoozal Vet

I think that it could be good. But the casting is a little off.

Video store employee: I'm Thark.
Elaine: [embarassed] Hi.

PostPosted: April, 15, 2009 - 10:07am 
THE GENERAL

from tvguide.com
Quote:
Jim Carrey is still in talks to play Curly in The Three Stooges, but according to his girlfriend, he's already preparing — by packing on the pounds.

During her appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show Tuesday, Jenny McCarthy discussed how the funnyman has been getting ready for the role.

"He's basically enjoying his desserts," she said. "He's going to gain 50 pounds to play Curly."

Though McCarthy admits she "has no idea what it's going to be like when he hits near 300 pounds," she thinks people will be impressed with Carrey's portrayal of the classic television character.

"I listen to him walking around doing Curly ... people are going to be blown away when they see him."

PostPosted: April, 16, 2009 - 12:20am 
Shamoozal Vet

He's going to be like Tom Hanks!!! Always changing his weight for movies...

Video store employee: I'm Thark.
Elaine: [embarassed] Hi.

PostPosted: August, 10, 2009 - 11:13am 
THE GENERAL

Penn and Carrey are OUT as Larry and Curly, Giamatti is IN
Quote:
When the Farrelly Bros. were finally able to make a casting announcement on their long-gestating THREE STOOGES film, it was a pretty impressive (and shocking) announcement. Sean Penn, Benicio Del Toro and Jim Carrey were set to play Larry, Moe and Curly respectively. But then Penn decided to take some time off from acting to spend some time privately and things started getting shaky. The Boston Globe caught up with brother Peter Farrelly at a Paul McCartney concert at Fenway Park and learned that Penn isn't the only actor to abandon ship. He revealed that Carrey is no longer attached to play Curly despite the actor already beginning to gain the weight for the role. Before you think the project could be back on its way to development hell, Farrelly did reveal that Paul Giamatti has signed on to replace Penn as Larry.

There hasn't been much word on whether Del Toro is still attached to play Moe, but assuming he is, who would you cast as Curly to complete the casting? Jack Black? And are you glad Jim Carrey is no longer involved?

PostPosted: August, 10, 2009 - 11:21am 
High School Bully

I'm glad Jim Carrey isn't being Curly anymore. BUT, that has to mean that this movie is going to be even more disgraceful if he backed out.

PostPosted: August, 10, 2009 - 2:31pm 
Purple Heart

i would of liked to see Carrey in it.

PostPosted: January, 7, 2011 - 3:00pm 
THE GENERAL

more rumors starting to swirl again....
from joblo.com
Quote:
The long in-development THREE STOOGES feature film from The Farrelly Brothers has gone from out of left field A-Listers in the form of Jim Carrey, Benicio del Toro, and Sean Penn; to... well, possibly this.

TheWrap is reporting that Johnny Knoxville (JACKASS 3D), Andy Samberg (FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS), and Australian actor Shane Jacobson (KENNY) are on the shortlist to presumably play Moe Howard, Larry Fine, and Curly Howard respectively. And while this is not finalized casting by any means, it is a good indication of the direction Fox and the Farrellys will be taking with the film. In fact, names like these jibe with what Peter Farrelly said in a recent interview:

"The script is ready to go, and we are opening up these roles to the world right now. We'll make it with the best possible people. Our feeling is that no star is too big to audition and no matter who it is, we're going to have to see him in the role. This is not The Flintstones. You've got to be Moe Howard, Larry Fine and Curly Howard, and that could be a major movie star or an unknown."

What's slightly more interesting to me, though, is this bit that TheWrap reveals:

"The plan is to divide the PG-rated film into three, 27-minute segments driven by physical comedy, with a start date of March 14."

PG? Three 27-minute segments? Whaaa?

PostPosted: January, 7, 2011 - 3:06pm 
High School Bully

They need to just realize this is the worst plan in the world already. I mean seriously. Just stop.

PostPosted: January, 7, 2011 - 3:10pm 
Artist of Life

Exactly. The genius of the Stooges can never be replicated. Any attempt will be a full blown disaster.

PostPosted: January, 8, 2011 - 9:45am 
Peepers Peeled

the only way it would work was if it was more of a look about them as people and what they did, and not an attempt to make a new three stooges. i have zero faith that this will work.

PostPosted: January, 10, 2011 - 8:49am 
THE GENERAL

from ew.com
Quote:
Remember how Curly from The Three Stooges would get really frustrated, scrunch up his face, and start barking? That’s kind of how the Farrelly brothers feel after all the erroneous reporting about their long-gestating film based on the three classic knuckleheads.

The latest rumor — that they’ve cast Jackass star Johnny Knoxville as Moe and Saturday Night Live’s Andy Samberg as Larry — is untrue. And annoying. “You don’t want people to think ‘they already cast that thing,’ because we haven’t,” Peter Farrelly tells EW exclusively. “It’s wide open to everybody.”

Peter and his brother Bobby have been developing the project for nearly a decade, and for a while Sean Penn was interested in a role, along with Benicio Del Toro and Jim Carrey. “That was real. Sean Penn wanted to do it and when Sean wanted to do it, everyone wanted to do it. But he is extremely involved in Haiti right now,” Farrelly said. “We heard that if we waited a couple years, we could probably get him, but we’ve already waited a few years.”

Now the Fox project is aiming toward a mid-April start in Atlanta. Once Penn was out, Farrelly says, Carrey — who worked with the brothers on Dumb & Dumber and Me, Myself & Irene – also left the film. Farrelly says he likes Knoxville and Samberg, but they haven’t auditioned, and the Internet rumors that they’ve already landed the roles are false. “Right now, I don’t know. There is no leader in the clubhouse,” he says.

The Three Stooges movie they envision would be a fictional comedy — not a bio-pic of the original actors (if anyone still thought that). Instead, they intend to take the Moe, Larry and Curly personas and place them in a new story. “It’s The Three Stooges just like the [old shorts],” Farrelly says. “They’re going to look the same, dress the same, sound the same, act the same, with the same sound effects.”

The film will be structured in three acts, each a stand-alone story like the original episodes, but loosely connected. Most of it will be set in the present day, except for the first act, which begins 40 years ago. “A car whips by an orphanage, throws a duffel bag out its window and keeps going,” Farrelly says. “A nun sees the duffel and opens it up, and a little baby hand comes out and — Boink! — hits her in the eye. So that first episode is them growing up in the orphanage.”

The second act picks up with them as adults, in their early 40s, leaving the orphanage and heading out on the road together. After various misadventures, the trio splits up and the third act starts with them alone — and finding that all the slapping, eye-gouging, and head-bonking isn’t a useful way of dealing with the outside world.

“Suddenly, when Moe hits somebody he doesn’t know, that’s assault and battery,” Farrelly says, laughing.

Despite the brother-on-brother-on-brother violence, the Farrellys will aim for a PG rating by keeping the smacks and pokes “cartoony.” As for casting, they want actors who are willing to give themselves over to impressions of the numbskull characters created by Moe Howard, Curly Howard and Larry Fine.

“I don’t want ‘somebody’s version of Moe,’” Farrelly says. “It’s not like Batman where you can have your own take on Batman.”

PostPosted: January, 10, 2011 - 9:33am 
High School Bully

I love how they told the entire plot of the movie. Oh and LOL at Sean Penn not doing it because he's so busy in Haiti. I mean, is he REALLY doing that much over there other than just trying to look important?

PostPosted: February, 25, 2011 - 2:30pm 
THE GENERAL

more talk of the stooges from the farrelly brothers while they do press for Hall Pass.
Quote:
We grew up watching a lot of Three Stooges, they inspired us and those guys did their thing in the 1930s, 40s, and even today as we watch we find them very very funny. So we were hoping one day we could re-do them, bring them back and reintroduce them to a generation of kids that aren’t really familiar with them. We’ve been working on it for about 10 years, we kind of see it like it’s Dumb and Dumber-ish, it’s Dumb and Dumber and Dumberer…three of em. It’s that style of humor which we really enjoy doing and a lot of slapstick and we just think their the funniest guys going and we want to bring them back.

Also, it’s not a biopic, it’s three episodes just like you watch on TV only a little longer like 27 minutes long. Each episode we pick up where the last one left off. It takes place present day, we’ve written all new material. It’s going to be a fun movie, we feel good about it. We’re going to get a lot of shit about it because all of a sudden, this is where the critics come out and say, “How dare you remake The Three Stooges!” like Fuck You! Motherfuckers! You know, The Three Stooges were always given 2nd-class treatment their entire careers. They never did movies until the very end when they were done. They were never Laurel and Hearty, or the Marx Brothers, or Abbott and Costello. They were beneath it, they were before movies. They were looked down upon and now cute little kids don’t know who they are. We love these guys and we want to bring them back. We want to give them the A-class treatment they deserve. So anybody who criticizes, I’m coming right at them and like I’m not taking any shit.

PostPosted: February, 25, 2011 - 3:15pm 
High School Bully

Quote:
We want to give them the A-class treatment they deserve. So anybody who criticizes, I’m coming right at them and like I’m not taking any shit.

Here is the thing they're missing. They're not bring them back. They're bringing the idea of the Stooges back. They start comparing them to the Marx Brothers and shit, but they're comparing the Fine brothers. Those ARE the Stooges. So without them, why even bother?

I'm glad it's a passion project and that they love the Stooges. But I agree with critics and shit when they say this is an awful idea. The Stooges are no more, and they're what made the things so freaking great. So these guys should know better than to mess with it, because unless they figure out a way to bring them back from the dead, there is no such thing as bringing the Stooges back and giving them the royal treatment.

PostPosted: February, 25, 2011 - 3:29pm 
Artist of Life

All they want to do is make money off the Stooges name. Don't give me that high and mighty bs about doing it for the love of the Stooges. If that is really the case, put your money where your mouth is and donate all the profit from the movie to the families of all the Stooges.

PostPosted: February, 25, 2011 - 3:45pm 
High School Bully

JW_Number_ONE wrote:
All they want to do is make money off the Stooges name. Don't give me that high and mighty bs about doing it for the love of the Stooges. If that is really the case, put your money where your mouth is and donate all the profit from the movie to the families of all the Stooges.

Word.

PostPosted: February, 25, 2011 - 4:25pm 
Purple Heart

Phil wrote:
JW_Number_ONE wrote:

Word.

PostPosted: April, 5, 2011 - 7:28am 
THE GENERAL

Will Sasso (Mad TV) was cast as Curly.
Sean Hayes (Will & Grace) was cast as Larry.

PostPosted: April, 5, 2011 - 8:05am 
Major Zero

Johnny Manf wrote:
Will Sasso (Mad TV) was cast as Curly.
Sean Hayes (Will & Grace) was cast as Larry.

awful

Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin'

PostPosted: April, 5, 2011 - 8:52am 
High School Bully

WHAAAAAAAAT!!! I don't know the Mad TV guy but there is NO FUCKING WAY Sean Hayes will be a good Larry. I would eat my own poop if he turned out good.

I hate this movie so much but I can't help but follow the news on it.

PostPosted: April, 5, 2011 - 8:59am 
THE GENERAL

Phil wrote:

HAHAHA thats exactly how I feel.

PostPosted: April, 5, 2011 - 2:41pm 
Artist of Life

Johnny Manf wrote:
Phil wrote:

HAHAHA thats exactly how I feel.

I hate this movie and I hate THIS THREAD because I know it means there is an update on the movie. I seriously got mad when I saw that this thread was updated.

PostPosted: April, 5, 2011 - 3:59pm 
Purple Heart

Fuck this whole idea!

Sean Hayes is the worst...whats next Nathan Lane as Moe?

PostPosted: May, 24, 2011 - 11:15pm 
The Bearer of Truths

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next